Welcome back to another Friday 5. We’ve seen FourSquare mature a bit this week and Facebook continue to take hits. A group of NYU students took direct aim at the social media giant by trying to establish an open source social media platform that actually respects your privacy and security. Imagine that. As though, they needed more fuel for their trek, Mashable reported this morning that Facebook and others were caught selling user data (actual user data) to advertising platforms.
With all that as a social media backdrop, let’s take a look this week’s five links in social media:
- Three Training Tips to Become a Better Blogger by James Chartrand on Copyblogger
- Twitter for iPhone Now Live in the App Store by Christina Warren on Mashable
- Why we need to kill “social media” by Rob Key on iMediaConnection.com
- Facebook Apologists Miss the Point: Facebook Isn’t the Future by Stowe Boyd on StoweBoyd.com.
- And finally, something new this week, a link to a social tool. This week, I recommend Micropoll.com, which lets you create a poll and embed it in your blog or web site. It’s simple to use and it’s free.