Welcome to this week’s Friday 5, my five favorite links in social media. The big news this week was the release of Facebook’s geo-location service, Facebook Places, and that has dominated the news (as we wrote here in Facebook Foray into Geo-location Not a Slam Dunk), but it was not the only thing happening, even in the height of summer vacation season. Let’s have a look at this week’s Friday 5:
- Facebook Places: A Field Guide. Mashable.
- How to disable Facebook Places. ReadWriteWeb.
- How to optimize your LinkedIn Profile. Socialmedia.biz
- The Science of Sharing. AdWeek.
- N.Korea uses Twitter for propaganda offensive. Yahoo! News
Photo by Theilr on Flickr. Used Under Creative Commons License.