Welcome to another Friday 5. Facebook continues to make negative news. First, it comes out that they are trying to trademark the word ‘face.’ Seriously, how ridiculous is that. In fact, I made fun of it in a post called Facebook Needs to Face Facts About Face Suit on my ‘by Ron Miller’ blog.
Meanwhile, Facebook is refusing run ads from Sony Pictures for the upcoming Facebook movie. Makes me wonder sometimes if that company is making money in spite of itself and not because of any particular business acumen. Meanwhile, Apple, released its own social network this week called Ping and new comer Disapora marched closer to reality.
This weeks’ five links, for your reading pleasure:
- Guess Who Is Trying To Trademark The Word “Face”? (And Guess Who Is Trying To Stop It?) – TechCrunch.
- Facebook Won’t Run Ads for “The Social Network”, But Facebook Users Like It Anyway – Peter Kafka | MediaMemo | AllThingsD.
- What Does Your Twitter Profile Say About You? – The Legal Watercooler.
- Older Adults and Social Media – Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project.
- foursquare – Am I mayor yet? – foursquare Blog.