Another week passed by and Facebook and Google manage to dominate the social media news. First we had Facebook announce its relationship with Bing and its integration in Skype. These are hard relationships to ignore, but Google, not to be outdone here made two big announcements of its own: First all it gave Marissa Mayer was promoted and put in charge of location and local services, this is the same area covered by the Facebook-Bing deal.
Let’s not forget that Microsoft also launched Windows Phone 7 this week too.
Without further adieu, this week’s Friday 5:
- Schmidt On Social: “We Want People To Be More Logged Into Google.” – TechCrunch.
- Why blogging still matters – O’Reilly Radar Blog.
- FourSquare Co-Founder Sees Credit Card Links, More User Rewards in the Future – DailyFinance.
- The Fallacy of Twitter – Lubor on Tech Blog.
- When Social Sites Get Anti-social – Internet Evolution.
Photo courtesy of Moe on Flickr.