Welcome to a new week of the Friday 5 top links in social media, and what a week it was. I apologize for missing last week, but I was in New York City at the Web 2.0 Expo, a great show with some of the biggest names in social media. I learned a lot including about how APIs are affecting social connections on the web.
But the big news this week in social media was once again focussed squarely on Facebook with the new Facebook Groups (which I wrote about here in the post Facebook Groups Change Everything) and other new Facebook features, which will be rolling out soon. In fact, in theory these groups change everything, but as we learned, in practice, they still need a bit of work.
This week’s Friday 5 includes:
- Facebook Announcement — it’s a boy! – Washington Post.
- Study: 92% of U.S. 2-year-olds have online record | Safe and Secure – CNET News.
- Top reason for Facebook unfriending: Too many useless posts | Social Media | Macworld.
- Building The Enterprise Social Graph – Forbes.com.
- Twitter is not for sale says new CEO Dick Costolo – Telegraph.