I’ve been thinking lately there needs to be a way to make my WordPress blog more mobile friendly, so of course I turned to my social network for help, and help I got. Turns out there is a simple plug-in called WPTouch. It costs $29.95 for a single license. There are discounts for 5 licenses or an unlimited developer license. You can review pricing options on the Web site.
Once you pay the piper, the developer sends you log-in information and a license key to the email address you provide.
Then follow these steps:
- Follow the link in the email to login and download the WPTouch plug-in
- After you download the plug-in, simply enter your Administrative panel, click Plugins and click the Add New button at the top of the page.
- At the prompt, enter the name WPTouch, then follow the prompts to add the plug-in to your site.
- Return to your Plugins control panel, scroll down to WPTouch and click Settings.
- Review your settings. At a minimum, make sure your blog name is correct. For the most part, you can leave the defaults unless you feel comfortable changing them.
After it’s installed when people access your blog on a mobile device, they will see a mobile-friendly version, which makes it easy to select and view your latest posts.
Note that this is a mobile theme, so it won’t match the theme you see on the open web, but what it will do is make it much easier for people to read your blog on their phones and that to me is a huge step forward.