LinkedIn recently changed its Share dialog box so that you can now share with multiple groups at the same time. This is much easier than the previous method which required you to enter a link for each group where you wanted to post the link.
While the new method is easier, if you belong to a lot of groups as I do, you need to be sure you know the names of all the groups where you want share. It would be nice to have a drop down list where you can select them, but otherwise, it’s much improved.
To share a link a link with multiple groups:
- Click Groups in the LinkedIn menu bar and a list of your Groups opens.
- Click a Group name where you want to share the link.
- Click the Submit News link at the top of the page (right next to Start a new discussion). The Share News/Enter URL dialog box opens.
- Copy and paste the link of the item you want to share into the Article URL box, then click Continue. The Share News/Details dialog box opens.
- Review the default summary at the top of the dialog box. If you are not satisfied, click Edit and enter your own title and text and change or remove the picture as needed. When you are finished, click Save.
- In the Groups section, you can add other Group names to share with multiple groups by entering the first couple of letters of the Group name and making a selection. Continue to do this to share with additional groups. When you are finished, your dialog box should look like the example at the top of this post.
- Add a message as needed.
- Click Share and the item is added to all of the groups you selected in Step 6.